Smiling at Liberty London Girl and her tale of her marauding eyelash strips got me to thinking about false eyelashes.
I too am a big fan of fasle eyelashes but not those tricksy caterpillar strips there is a much better and easier way!
Many years ago Queen Michelle, Lady Jane and I went to Toni and Guy in Glasgow to get 'lash extensions'
Lady Jane wasn't phased one way or another, Queen Michelle hated them, but me being the old drag queen that I am, LOVED them. They only stayed in for about a week to 10 days and at about £20 quid a pop it was a pretty costly to looking a bit more glam.
I was hooked , as I never wear mascara, I loved my new dramatic eyes.
A second trip let me suss out what she was using and then it was off to Salon Services to gather everything
needed for the DIY version. Or rather the Queen Michelle version, for it was she who perfected the technique of 'popping my lashes in' She can do it in about 20 seconds while making a cup of tea and pointing out a dress in Grazia.
For the purposes of this post, I stuck them in so I look a bit more 'broken down actress' than usual.
I tend to wear them non stop for a couple of months at a time and then stop to let my own lashes rest and grow.
What you need...
1. Go to Salon Services, Sally or some Hairdressing supply shop
2. Buy box of individual lashes - they come in short, medium or long. In brown and black
3. Buy bottle of glue
4. Dig out your tweezers.
What to do
1. To start, 4 on each eye should give you a good look.
2. Pour small puddle of glue onto paper
3. Pick up individual lash with your tweezers.
4. Gently drag the back of the lash (just the stumpy end bit) through the glue
5. Carefully just place the lash on top of your own eyelashes
6. Work from outside corner of eye in.
7. Job Done - it really is stupidly simple
And the best thing of all, is that when they fall out, it is only one small lash at a time so is highly unlikely to frighten men, horses or small children!
The bare eye before
Lashes in and ready to rock
You are now ready to give as many 'butterfly kisses' as your heart desires...